Events & Programs
SPEAKER EVENTS (PAST EXAMPLES)
BUILDING HEALTHY TEEN RELATIONSHIPSLed by 3 relationship experts, this ParentEd Night guides 5th - 12th grade parents how to build supportive healthy relationships, authentic connections and safe environments for their children to thrive. With a focus on establishing healthy boundaries, open conversations and mutual respect, our experts will help parents navigate difficult topics on teen identity, sexual consent and dating violence.
- Dr. Dolly Klock (founder of Adolessons) - Why Boundaries Matter for Teens
- Linda K. Reeves, LMFT (WPATH Certified Gender Specialist, Beach Cities LGBT Therapy, co-founder of Prism Institute - LGBTQ+ Identity and Transforming Perceptions
- Jonathan Cristall (author of WTDTT) - Teen Dating Violence (Sexual Consent, Avoiding Sexual Violence, Harassment)
1. Video of my mental health message to review or share with friends.
2. Discussion guide on mental health
3. A helpful chapter from my book “Behind Happy Faces”
"WE NEED TO TEACH MENTAL HEALTH THE SAME WAY THAT WE TEACH PHYSICAL HEALTH!"
—Compare mental health to physical health. We don’t only encourage people who have cancer, diabetes, heart problems or other issues to seek help and tell everyone else that they only need to go to a doctor when they have a disease. However, we do tend to tell people they should seek help for their mental health only when they’ve completely broken down. This isn’t working. Mental health isn’t having a problem; it’s how you address all of the problems in your life. When someone takes care of their physical health they eat right, workout and take care of their body. For someone to take care of their mental health they need to think about how they cope, communicate, what their relationships are like and take care of their minds.