Parent Ed Welcome
NormanAid Wellness Center hosts several events throughout the school year for parents to increase understanding on various mental health topics impacting teens. In this section we highlight a few of our favorite events.
Through these events, we expel myths, educate our parent community, provide the latest resources, build positive mental wellbeing, and show support for our students affected by mental health conditions, daily issues and high school challenges.
BUILDING HEALTHY TEEN RELATIONSHIPS - Starts With Us 4.21.21Led by 3 relationship experts, this special ParentEd Night will guide 5th - 12th grade parents on how to build supportive healthy relationships, authentic connections and safe environments for their children to thrive. With a focus on establishing healthy boundaries, open conversations and mutual respect, our experts will help parents navigate difficult topics on teen identity, sexual consent and dating violence.
- Dr. Dolly Klock (founder of Adolessons) - Why Boundaries Matter for Teens
- Linda K. Reeves, LMFT (WPATH Certified Gender Specialist, Beach Cities LGBT Therapy, co-founder of Prism Institute - LGBTQ+ Identity and Transforming Perceptions
- Jonathan Cristall (author of WTDTT) - Teen Dating Violence (Sexual Consent, Avoiding Sexual Violence, Harassment)
- How the Identity Revolution is impacting your kids
- How to support your child if they come out to you or share that a friend has come out to them
- How being an ally for the LGBTQ+ community makes it easier for your kids to share difficult conversations with you