What is service learning, the concept?
As a concept, service learning combines community service with school curriculum to respond to identified community needs, and helps students meet academic, social, civic and moral learning goals.
What is the Service Learning class?
Beverly's Service Learning is a year-long project-based class in which students research, plan, and implement a service project in one of their areas of interest and passion.
SL students also work with classes and groups across campus, providing opportunities for others to engage in service activities that are clearly connected to their interests or particular academic programs.
- Donated 40+ women’s care kits to Upward Bound House
- Taught various classes to our special education students to help with fine motor and communication skills
- Raised $1600 for holiday gifts for our sister school, Albion Street Elementary
- Distributed holiday cards throughout the local community to bolster emotional resilience during the pandemic
- Collected and donated 100+ pounds of food to Westside Food Bank
- Created a First Aid and CPR youtube channel for BH CRP Training to share basic emergency skills
- Collected and donated 3 dozen pairs of eyeglasses to the Lions L.O.V.E. program
A big thank you to everyone who supported us and we look forward to growing our program so we can support more causes!
Interested in taking the Service Learning Class?
For more information contact Ms. Kessel, [email protected]