My name is Kyle Kobe. I grew up in Shorewood, IL, which is a south Chicago suburb. I graduated from Joliet West High School in 1993 and then enrolled at Joliet Junior College. In 1996, I graduated with an Associates degree in Science and continued to Illinois State University. While at ISU, I was a 4 year member of the ISU Lacrosse team. (see pictures to the right)
During the summer of 1999, I had a great opportunity to work at Miller Park Zoo as an assistant zoo keeper. Some of my daily responsibilities were feeding, cleaning, and medicating the various animals at the zoo. In the picture below, you can see me medicating the ears of an endangered red wolf. The ears had become infected and I'm using a brush to rub on an ointment.
In the fall of 1999, I student taught at Woodruff High School in Peoria, IL, where I was also a boys soccer coach. I graduated from ISU in December of 1999 with a bachelors degree in Biology Education. My ISU friends and teammates will always have a spot in my heart no matter where I live.
After graduating from ISU in 1999, I quickly started working at LaSalle-Peru High School in rural Illinois as a biology teacher. In 2001, I moved to Bakersfield, CA. While at East Bakersfield High School I taught biology and physical science as well as coaching volleyball and soccer.
In 2004, I transferred to Beverly Hills High School and now teach honors and regular biology. I recently finished my Masters degree in Educational Technology from Cal St. During my years at Beverly, I have coached volleyball and am the current boys lacrosse coach. After all these years, I can still say that I love my job. I have such great hopes for each student as they navigate towards adulthood.
- 1st pic: Contestant on the ABC game show "WipeOut" in 2011.The episode is titled "Hotties vs. Nerds" if you care to search for it.
- 2nd pic: Playing defense during a lacrosse game at Illinois State University
- 3rd pic: Using my blazing fast speed to run past a defender during a lacrosse game at ISU
- 4th pics: Senior Picture 1993 (age 17)
- Bottom pic: Medicating the ears of an endangered red wolf while working at Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington, IL