Scholarships & Financial Aid

Class of 2022 Scholarship Application open NOW for all seniors to apply!
All seniors may apply. Apply to the general Naviance scholarship application to be considered for a majority of scholarships listed below Scholarship dollar amounts may vary, each year the donor decides amount and criteria, scholarships may be added or changed. A scholarship committee meets throughout the Spring, scholarship recipients will be notified and awarded of scholarship money on the night of Senior Awards, June 2022.



How do I apply for senior scholarships?

There are a few ways to apply for scholarships and the first and easiest way that will make you eligible for the most amount of scholarships is by applying to the general scholarship application in Naviance. Submit your application in the survey section in Naviance AND send a PDF copy of your resume to [email protected] and you'll be eligible for the following list of scholarships.

  1. Log into Naviance with your BHUSD gmail account
  2. Click on the About me tab, my surveys - 2022 BHHS Scholarship Application, Due February 18, 2022 (unless otherwise stated for an outside application)
In addition to the general scholarship application, there are a few scholarships that require an outside application (essays, letters of recommendations, etc.). These scholarships are: 
The Jon Cherney Humanitarian Award due April 4, 2022, 4:00 p.m.
School Spirit Scholarship due April 4, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
When do I found out if I receive a scholarship?
Seniors who receive a scholarship or a department recognition will be invited to the Senior Awards ceremony in June 2022. Students do not know what they receive until the night of the event. 
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The FAFSA is open October 1 of your senior year and due March 2. Click for more information regarding Federal Student Aid Programs and for more information regarding the financial aid process visit the Federal Student Aid website. The FAFSA is FREE for seniors to apply, the earlier you apply the greater chance for aid, do not wait to apply.

How can I apply for the Cal Grant?
To be considered for a Cal Grant you must file the FAFSA by March 2, 2022 (should be done much earlier, it is open October 1, 2021). The California Student Aid Commission advises students to file as early as possible. In addition, a Cal Grant GPA must be submitted for each student that wishes to receive a Cal Grant.
cal grant
Beverly Hills HS will submit all Seniors' Cal Grant GPA to the California Student Aid Commission unless a student does not want BHHS to share this information. After you submit your FAFSA, check the status of your Cal Grant here. If you are a recent graduate and need BHHS to send your Cal Grant GPA, then please contact Marguerite Ku at [email protected]

How can I find out whether my college has an earlier financial aid and scholarship filing deadline? 
Visit the college financial aid website. The federal and state program deadline will be the same at most schools but institutional scholarships frequently have deadlines in January.

What tax forms will I use for the FAFSA
2020 tax forms (HINT: If you or your parents file a tax return with the IRS, you may be eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. This is an easy way to provide accurate tax information, view and securely transfer information into FAFSA)

What questions will I have to answer on the FAFSA?
The FAFSA questions are all on the FAFSA on the Web worksheet (a helpful tool that explains each section! Very user friendly!) The worksheet can be completed before sitting down to file the FAFSA. By completing the FAFSA on the Web worksheet, students and parents can have all of the answers ready.

Undocumented students 
Can NOT apply for financial aid using the FAFSA. You must complete the DREAM Act application. See the instructions listed below for the California Dream Act Application.

CSS /Financial Aid Profile: Seniors applying to private universities that require the CSS profile need to complete the online CSS Profile no later than
 November 1 for Early Decision and Early Action applications and no later than December 1 for Regular Decision applications. Check specific colleges for extended deadlines. The profile allows students to report their financial and family circumstance information in one streamlined application and submit it to all the colleges that require it for scholarship and grant consideration. Apply online. Fee is $25 for the profile and first college report and $16 for each subsequent college report. Fee waivers are available for eligible applicants.
Can I better predict how much aid a college will give me before I receive a financial aid package from the university? 

Yes! Each college has a Net Price Calculator on their website. Go directly to a college's website's financial aid page and find the Net Price Calculator. There you will be able to input information and get a better sense of what type of aid the college will offer and college affordability overall. 

California Student Aid Commission
Federal Student Aid - 
Free Application for Federal Student Aid - 
Ed Fund - 
FastWeb for scholarships - 
Discus Awards scholarship list
College Scorecard

Scholarships students to acquire throughout High School:

Scholarships for Undocumented Students:
MALDEF Scholarship Resource Guide