Becoming A Norman
A successful and happy Norman lives by our Beverly Hills High School motto:
“Each to-day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”
What does “Today Well Lived” mean to you?
Make our BHHS motto your way of life!
- Take advantage of available resources
- Read the Beverly Buz every Wednesday
- Connect with peers, teachers, and staff
- Practice self-care and find your own de-stress routine
- Make friends with people different than you
- Take risks and try new things
- Learn about the BHHS Motto
- Learn and follow the BHHS PBIS core values
- Be an upstander and talk to a trusted staff member if you feel a student is being mistreated
- Use Normanonymous if you want to make a report but want to remain anonymous
- Talk to NormanAid Counselor, a trusted friend or a staff member when your day isn't going well or doesn't feel well lived
- Choose your close friends wisely
- Make healthy choices and decisions
- Avoid gossiping
- Learn to advocate and speak up for yourself
- Don't change yourself into someone else
- Don't hang out with people who bring you down
- Recognize peer pressure and practice standing your ground
- Learn how to strengthen your mind and mental health
- Know what secrets to keep and what secrets not to keep
- Utilize BHHS crisis resources if someone you know is in crisis
- Reflect: What went well? What did you learn? Who do you want to become?
Visit the NormanAid Wellness Center! The NormanAid Wellness Team is available to help you to reach your full potential as a Norman Well Lived. By focusing on your mental and emotional health you can achieve your personal and academic aspirations and make every tomorrow a vision of hope.
2020-21 NEW PARENTS ORIENTATION PRESENTATION