Career Center Home
Beverly High Career Center
What type of Career Programming can I participate in at BHHS?
All students are encouraged to utilize the dynamic resources and programs of our Career Center through links to virtual events that will be sent school wide via Aeries or individual appointments by contacting Cindy Dubin at email@example.com, for these types of activities:
- Resume Building
- Career Oriented Pathway Electives (see page on Career and Technical Education Pathways)
- Career Oriented Clubs (DECA Marketing, Skills USA, Speech and Debate)
Finding Jobs and Internships
- Career Oriented Lunch Workshops
- Attend our Special Events (see below)
What are some of our campus-wide special events?
- Career Chats (Tuesday afternoon chats with industry professionals, grades 7-12) (links coming soon)
- Career Oriented Lunch Workshops (sessions featuring certain professions)
- Career Day (school wide conference style day)
- Career Explorations (small group experiences)
- Career Networking Night at the Beverly Hilton (business student networking)
What is "Career and Technical Education" (CTE) ?
Through CTE we promote and support middle and high school programs that provide 21st century, academic and technical skills for ALL students. Whether you plan to go to work straight out of high school or eventually earn a PhD, whether you have a clear career goal or just want to learn something practical and new, you can benefit from CTE. Whether you are learning to engineer music on state-of- the-art recording equipment, designing fashion on Illustrator, or fabricating metal robotics components, you will be engaged in dynamic hands-on learning! Click on our "CTE Pathways" and "Career Education Courses 2020-2021 Chart) for detailed information.
CAREER EXPLORATION RESOURCES
- Click on "Careers", then go to "Explore Careers" and click on "Careers and Clusters"
- Click on "Careers", then go to "What are my interests" and click on "Career Interest Profiler"
- Click on "Careers", then go to "What are my interests" and click on "Do What You Are"
(Log in instructions: http://bhhs.bhusd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=198252&type=d&pREC_ID=448730)
Labor Market Information
Major Employers in LA County: http://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/majorer/countymajorer.asp?CountyCode=000037
Top 100 Fastest Growing Occupations in CA 2014-2024: http://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/OccGuides/FastGrowingOcc.aspx