Welcome to the Career Center
All students are encouraged to utilize the comprehensive resources and programs of our Career Education program by visiting the Career Center.
B1-126 (across from the Media Center)
Open from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm (closed 1:15 pm - 2:15 for lunch)
Ms. Jazmin Garcia, College and Career Assistant
Ms. Cindy Dubin, Career Education Coordinator
Students are encouraged to participate in various on and off campus events that will publicized school wide via the Career Center Newsletter (Thursdays) sent by Aeries, or making an individual appointment with Cindy Dubin, Career Education Coordinator, at [email protected], to engage in these types of activities:
- Enroll in a Career Pathway Electives (see Career and Technical Education Pathways)
- Join a Career Oriented Club(DECA Marketing, Skills USA, Speech and Debate)
- Attend an on or off campus event (see below)
On and Off Campus Monthly, Semester, and Annual Events:
- Career Chats (virtual; schedule to be announced soon in Career Center Newsletter)
- Career Job Hunting Lunch Workshops (in person; schedule to be announced soon in Career Center Newsletter), grades 9-12, covering resume building, portfolios, interviewing, and more
- Career Tours (students hosted at local businesses for tours and info sessions fall/spring)
- Career Day (March 13, 2024 school wide conference style day)
- Career Networking Night at the Beverly Hilton (business student networking, spring 2024)
We encourage parents and community members to participate in our career events. If you are interested in volunteering to speak fill out this form.
Career and Technical Education (CTE)
Through CTE we promote and support middle and high school programs that provide 21st century, academic and technical skills for ALL students. Whether you are producing music on state-of- the-art recording equipment, designing fashion apparel in a state-of-the-art fashion lab, reporting the news in the renown KBEV tv studio, or fabricating metal robotics components, you will be engaged in dynamic hands-on learning! Click here for more information about CTE pathways.
Career Exploration Resources
- Click on "Careers", then go to "Explore Careers" and click on "Careers and Clusters"
- Click on "Careers", then go to "What are my interests" and click on "Career Interest Profiler"
- Click on "Careers", then go to "What are my interests" and click on "Do What You Are"