Career Center Home
Beverly High Career Center
YEAR ROUND PROGRAMS
BHHS Students grades 9-12 are encouraged to utilize the dynamic resources and programs of the Beverly High Career Education Program. Come to the BHHS College and Career Center in Room 290 on the second floor near the library, to:
- Develop a resume and attend resume workshops.
- Enroll in one of our dynamic career oriented electives
- Participate in one of our competing clubs (DECA Marketing, Skills USA, Speech and Debate)
Learn how to search for jobs and internships.
- Attend Career Oriented Wednesday Workshops
- Participate in BHHS CTE business activities
- Attend Networking Night each spring
- Apply to participate in Career Exploration Day each spring
SPECIAL FEATURED PROGRAMS
- Career Day (March 11, 2020)
- Career Day, Career Exploration (March/April, 2020 approx 3:30 - 5:30 pm) (Contact Cindy Dubin firstname.lastname@example.org to host students)
- Career Networking Night at the Beverly Hilton (March tbd 2020) (Contact Cindy Dubin email@example.com to participate)
- Career Wednesday Workshops (year round) (Contact Cindy Dubin firstname.lastname@example.org to present)
CAREER EXPLORATION RESOURCES
- Click on "Careers", then go to "Explore Careers" and click on "Careers and Clusters"
- Click on "Careers", then go to "What are my interests" and click on "Career Interest Profiler"
- Click on "Careers", then go to "What are my interests" and click on "Do What You Are"
(Log in instructions: http://bhhs.bhusd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=198252&type=d&pREC_ID=448730)
Labor Market Information
Major Employers in LA County: http://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/majorer/countymajorer.asp?CountyCode=000037
Top 100 Fastest Growing Occupations in CA 2014-2024: http://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/OccGuides/FastGrowingOcc.aspx