Order your study guides now! Make sure you get a 2015 edition.
APUSH SUMMER ASSIGNMENTS:
- Critical Analysis
- Read these two journal articles
i. James H. Merrel. “The Indians' New World: The Catawba Experience.” The William and Mary Quarterly, Third Series, Vol. 41, No. 4 (Oct., 1984), pp. 537-565.
ii. Edmund S. Morgan. “The Labor Problem at Jamestown, 1607-18.” The American Historical Review, Vol. 76, No. 3 (Jun., 1971), pp. 595-611.
- Watch Walt Disney’s Pocahontas
- TYPE a 5-paragraph essay comparing the film to the information you learned from the readings. Please cite information from the articles as appropriate.
- This will be submitted via turnitin.com on August 11th.
- Unit One
- The American Pageant – chapters 1 &2
i. Read carefully (including special sections and captions)
ii. Fully complete the packets for Ch. 1 & Ch. 2
iii. For each term, include of the pertinent information – especially how the term helps to tell the story of American history
- A Peoples History of the United States by Howard Zinn – chapters 1 & 2
- Information from this reading and the article will be included on the Unit One Exam during the first week of school.
- Prepare for Map Test – United States (states, bodies of water, & mountains)
- Prepare for Presidents Test – memorize U.S. Presidents (in order)